Here you will find a listing of some commonly asked questions about Berean Baptist Church…
- What should I expect if I attend a church service? – On Sundays we meet at 10:00 for Sunday School. We have classes for all ages. Our church service starts at 11:00, we all gather together for worship. The song portion of our service lasts for about 20 minutes, while the remainder of the time is spent listening to Bible preaching. The children in the forth grade and under are dismissed to go downstairs and meet for children’s church after the song service. Our service last approximately an hour.
- Is it okay to bring my children into the Worship service? – Yes, this is not a problem. Some young children may find it difficult to leave their parents in an unfamiliar setting. We hope that families who begin to attend our church will come to appreciate the value of their children developing close friendships with their peers in the context of the local church.
- What version of the Bible do you use? – We teach and preach from the King James Bible. We believe that for the English speaking people, it is the inspired, preserved Word of God.
- What type of music can I expect to hear? – We sing many of the traditional hymns and songs of the faith. While I would not describe our music as formal, we abstain from contemporary music. We regularly sing songs such as; Amazing Grace, The Old Rugged Cross, There is Power in the Blood, To God Be the Glory, etc…
- Is there a dress standard at your church? – There is no specific dress code for those attending our service. We do however, teach and preach that our dress should honor the Lord and follow the Bible.
- How big is Berean Baptist Church? – At the time of this writing, we have any where from 45-60 people who attend on Sunday morning.
- What type of preaching will I hear? -Preaching is the center of the worship service. We believe that expository verse by verse preaching is the most effective method of teaching and preaching the Word of God.
- Do you have a teen program? – We do have a class especially for teenagers. Brother Joel Scupham and his wife Valerie are our teen leaders and frequently have activities for the teen department. We do involve them in every area of Christian service. Our teens are very active in the music ministry of the church. They are also involved in activities with other teen groups of like faith in the area and church camp is scheduled every summer. As our church continues to grow, we will add more opportunities for teenagers.
- Who leads the church? – While we believe that the church itself is the final authority in all matters of church government, we realize God has given us a pastor to lead us. He is assisted by the deacons of the church.